Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Drev's +Bow!

Hey guys! I recently commissioned Drev for a +bow for a really nice price. Pics:

CLICK READ MORE!



Thanks for the foam!
Ahhh






First off, this is a very nice +bow for the price! But there are some thing that needed to be tuned up, but he warned me.

1. the seal was around 60%
2. the plunger rod/spring was scraping somewhere
3. range was low for a +bow

And just some minor stuff that I didn't like:
4. some screws started to fall out
5. He used two bolts for the bushing instead of 1 long one.
6. There's bolts instead of screws in some areas like the handle.

Here's what I did:
1 & 5. tightened the plunger head and put a long piece of threaded rod threw the bushing. Now has 100% seal
2. took out the PVC stub and replaced the K25 with a cut down K26 he sent me, and lubed.
3. ^^ fixed the range problem, shoots 105-115ft flat with slugs and a 8 dart hopper!
4. Just super glued them.
6. No big deal.

Hopefully I didn't discourage you to commission a +bow from Drev, I just had to point the minor flaws out! This is now shooting better then the PACSnap and is my new primary!

Thanks again
-iModify-




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! What screws were falling out? I tried to make sure that they were all in there. Once again, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've been acquiring more tools recently, and I may consider building a + bow when I have time in the summer.

    On another note, do you have an email or something I can use to contact you? I have a question that is nerf blog related, but I don't want to clog up the comments section of your post with it.

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think!